Robert E. Barth walks the walk and talks the talk. After 25 years as a Certified Financial Planner, he served time for white-collar crimes. Paroled early for good behavior, he now shares his knowledge and experience with you. Although Robert is no longer practicing as a Certified Financial Planner, his career gave him the honor and privilege of providing financial counseling and advice to a very exclusive, affluent group. That group included: active and retired National Hockey League players and agents, retired National Football League players, Burger King franchisees, Jack in The Box franchisees, Ford dealership owners, physicians, dentists, surgeons, sportswriters, newspaper executives, and other highly compensated executives. Robert has now changed his focus to helping those who are much more in need of building their wealth and living a balanced life. Robert is a a Managing Member of GHE Publishing LLC, a publishing and life planning company located in Clovis, California, in the Heart of the Central Valley.
Robert E. Barth is 67 years young and a Managing Member of GHE Publishing LLC, a publishing and life planning company located in Clovis, California, in the Heart of the Central Valley. Robert was born in New York, graduated from Plainedge High School in 1970, and attended college at the State University of New York with a Major in Business Administration. His father Joe was a supermarket manager for Waldbaums Supermarket in Merrick, New York. Joe always wanted Robert to work with him, join the strong meat cutters union, and become a butcher. Robert had other plans— he was on a mission to be in his own business from the age of 17. Robert never completed all those college courses. He started a company without any money. With a pencil, paper, a car belonging to his girlfriend (soon to be wife), and a lot of heart, he followed his passion.
In 1972, RDS Photo Inc. was born. RDS Photo was a photo film processing company. Picking up unprocessed film from camera stores, drug stores, stationery stores, and discount stores, the company would have the film processed by a third party. RDS would then re-price and mark-up the photo packages and return the negatives and pictures back to the store for their customers, giving the store a cut in the process.
It was a revolutionary idea at the time— being a photo processing middle man. The company posted signs in New York City in the 70s and 80s. The signs were in yellow, black, and red, stating, “LEAVE YOUR FILM HERE – KODAK FILM DEVELOPED AND PRINTED, SAVE UP TO 50%.” Starting from 1972 with just a pad and pencil, Mr. Barth built that business from scratch. He sold it in 1986. It had over 500 active dealers/customers, with 10 daily routes covering Long Island, Brooklyn, Queens, parts of upstate New York, and Manhattan. In addition to the routes, Mr. Barth built and operated his own photo processing laboratory in Oceanside, NY, and managed 6 Long Island retail locations called Photo Discount Outlet Stores. Robert was told by his peers that he was crazy to think that film processing would become a thing of the past in years to come. That did not stop him from selling the business in 1986 and retiring to Hawaii for several years with his wife, Marianne.
In late 1989 he returned to the mainland of California to help his older brother Harry get through law school. At the same time, he began educating himself and learned how to become a financial advisor.
In 1990, Mr. Barth and his wife (6 months pregnant) moved to Laguna Niguel, California, where he returned to school. There he attended the College for Financial Planning’s CFP Professional Education Program. At the same time, he applied to Saddleback College in Mission Viejo to complete his degree in Business and Communications. He successfully completed the Certified Financial Planning program in 1991, which became the starting point for a long and successful career in the financial services industry as a Certified Financial Planner. In 1993 he obtained his Associate of Arts in Business with a Major in Accounting from Saddleback College. He would go on to earn his Bachelor of Science degree in the year 2000.
Although Robert is no longer practicing as a Certified Financial Planner, his 20+ year career gave him the honor and privilege of providing financial counseling and advice to a very exclusive, affluent group. That group included: active and retired National Hockey League players and agents, retired National Football League players, Burger King franchisees, Jack in The Box franchisees, Ford dealership owners, physicians, dentists, surgeons, sportswriters, newspaper executives, and other highly compensated executives.
Robert has now changed his focus to helping those who are much more in need of building their wealth and living a balanced life.
The following former designations, experience, and education information is being provided for disclosure purposes only. Mr Barth is no longer practicing as a Certified Financial Planner. He is now a Life Coach or Life Planner.
- Plainedge High School, Graduated 1970
- State University of New York Farmingdale Partial Term, 1972
- College For Financial Planning, CFP Certification 1991
- Irvine University College of Law, Completed Contracts and Torts 1992
- Saddleback College, AA Accounting and Business 1993
- University of Advanced Research, Bachelor of Science, Real Estate
- California Licensed Real Estate Broker
- California Licensed Life and Health Insurance
- Registered Securities, Series 7, 63, 24, 27
- Completed California Examination for Certified Public Accountants
- The International Board of Standard for Certified Financial Planners
- The International Association of Financial Planners National Society of Accountants
- The Registry of Financial Planning Practitioners
- The International Association of Registered Financial Planners
- The Institute for Certified Financial Planners National Association of Realtors
- Member of Orange County Multiple Listing Service
Skills and Experience
- Real Estate experience which encompasses both residential and commercial acquisitions and sales.
- Buying and selling small companies.
- As a Manufacturer, Wholesaler, and Retailer.
- Raising capital for small companies. Authored the book: A Felon’s Guide to Financial Recovery
- Proficient in the disciplines of Personal Financial Planning Specifically the integration of Cash Flow Planning, Risk Management, Asset Protection, State and Federal Income Tax Planning, Investment Planning, Retirement Planning, Education Planning and Estate Planning.
- Has a knack for taking a relatively new concept or product and bringing it to market.
- Presented seminars and educational workshops all over much of the United States and England.
- Appeared on both radio and television